Thursday, September 4, 2008
Wow, I haven't painted in a couple of weeks and I feel rusty. It's amazing how much the daily painting improved my technique, and confidence. Also, I'm not so keen on these canvas panels any more, I'm spoiled by the lovely Ampersand panels Carol Marine introduced me to.
These tomatoes were given to me by Naomi Nickerson, manager of the Truckee River Gallery in Reno. She grew them herself, and I think the shapes and colours are great! Thankyou Naomi!
I'd also like to accept and pass on The Arte y Pico Award - and publicly thank Carol Marine for the honour. I was utterly chuffed to bits to receive this little stamp of approval from someone I regard so highly. Here's what it is:
The Origin of The Arte y Pico Award and Rules if you choose to accept. You might be interested in the origin of the "Arte y Pico Award" The designer of the award puts it like this..."The Arte y Pico Award has arisen from the daily visits that I make to many blogs which nourish and enrich me with creativity. In them, I see dedication, creativity, care, comradeship, but mainly, ART, much art. I want to share this prize with all those bloggers that entertain and enrich me day to day. Doubtlessly, there are many and it will be hard to pick just a few."
1. You have to pick 5 blogs that you consider deserve this award through creativity, design, interesting material, and also contributes to the blogger community, no matter of language.
2. Each award should have the name of the author with a link to their blog.
3. Award winners have to post the award with the name and link to the blog of the person who gave them the award.
4. Show these rules and the paragraph (above) explaining the awards origination.
So here's my picks:
1. Bonita Paulis A hugely under exposed artist whose work I love, and deserves to be famous for her beautiful and vibrant pastel work.
2. Penny Shrawder A very talented and wonderful person, whose spiritual approach to art and life makes me smile all over.
3. Underground Artists Three Tahoe artists who make diverse and beautiful art.
4. Matt Moffett A really cool artist I met at Carol Marine's workshop in Santa Fe - get your blog online Matt!
5. Nathalie S. Davis Another cool artist I met in Santa Fe!