Saturday, January 26, 2008

Lavender Shadows



Sold


I'm not much of a gardener, but I'm trying. Lavender is one of my favourites, for the colour, smell and appearance. My friend Sue had a fantastically prolific lavender plant in her garden in Wales, and it looked like a huge crazy afro. Mine are just tiddlers, and I don't know whether they'll survive a winter indoors, but it's got to be better than being buried under 4 feet of Tahoe snow!

One of the coolest things about our house, which I've mentioned before, is the light. In fact, it was the light in the main room (courtesy of 15ft triangular windows) which prompted a rather desperate, undignified outburst when we looked at the place. ("we HAVE to live here!!!! Taylor, please say we can!!) I've done some other larger paintings of these glorious shafts of light, which I'll put on my website very soon. The long shadows which pan around the main living space all day are amazing. I've never lived anywhere like this before, there are just paintings waiting to be done of every corner and every time of day here.

No comments: