Monday, May 19, 2008

Convergence


Convergence (ii)
Oil on Gesso Board
6x6"



Wow, what a week it's been...I got back on Saturday night from Santa Fe, after a five day painting class with Carole Marine at the Andreeva Portrait Academy. I have learnt so much, I can't even begin to tell you how much my brain is bursting with excitement! I feel like my work did a quantum leap in New Mexico, and I'll never paint in the same way again. I'll post some of the studies later on, which will give some background to the new paintings I'll be doing this week.

More exciting news is that whilst I was in Santa Fe - the third largest art market in America - a gallery on Canyon Road took an interest in my work, and insisted I leave two wet paintings there with them! They also asked me to send them more big canvases (and I love working big) of the Cyclamen I did a few weeks ago - so the studio is being geared up for micro/macro works as I write.



No comments: